Ravished by Amanda Quick

 



1*, 385 pg,  Published Jul 1992

Historical Romance 
#Viscount, virgin at 24, age gap

In my teen years, I enjoyed reading historical romance but as an adult, I find this genre a little boring so I'm wondering: I read historical romances because I really enjoyed them then, or because I did not have some other books to read *my mother was an Amanda Quick/Sandra brown fan*? So I just keep reading historical romances, to find out.

I read until 65% but after that, I just skip-read because this book bored me to death! So yeah, I'm now a ghost, writing this review because I think I should warn you that *boo-huuu-huu* , this book is boring and *boo-huu-huu* predictable.

A stupid 24 yo obsessed with fossils discovers in a cave, stolen goods. She sends for the viscount of the lands and asks him, his help because the law reinforcement is overrated. But this girl is so brave *to be read " stupid" * that she is watching the caves closely *literally* and finds herself in a dangerous situation with the thieves, and of course, the viscount is the only one able to help her. 

After they spend a night together in the cave, where the viscount  " ravishes" her, he proposes because she is compromised. She thinks that he marries her as an obligation but *OMG!!! WHAT A SCHOCK! HE TRULY LOVES HER! UN-SUPER-DUCKING-BELIEVABLE*. 

It is important for the reader to find out that the hero has a reputation. Allegedly, 6 years ago, he " ravished" another girl, he said that he would marry her, but he left her after he found out that the girl is pregnant. And the girl killed herself * Ups, another ghost in my space! Go away ghost! Go away! *. Now, the viscount is considered to be a Beast * also, he has a scar on his face, like Lorenzo Gambini from "MENACE" by Darhower, the only difference being that he doesn't eat oranges like that guy*.

I swear to God, if I hear/read/whatever one more time the word " ravished" I'm gonna commit murder *neah, just joking, I'm a ghost, you forgot that already? *. The author was obsessed with that word and she used it for like.. 2627517574997886724316477998524146 times only in the first chapter.  

I read the last chapter, to see how it ends and, as I said, it was just how I expected * it begins with  " they lived happily ever".. and it ends with "after" and don't tell me I should have put a " SPOILER ALERT" warning because c'mon.. even a child would have guessed that- not that I recommend this book for children but you get the point *.

Because I want my life back, I'm gonna forget about this book. 




Comments