Scarlet Stone by Jewel E. Ann

 

329 pages, Published December 10th 2016 
Contemporary Romance, Suspense
#sick, hurt, HEA


"Scarlet Stone" is a book about maturity, about the power to understand and to accept the things that can not be changed. Scarlet moved to Savanah and left all her life behind, finding a fresh start. She rents a room from a guy she met on the airplane and she has now a grumpy roommate: Theodore. Their first interactions are hilarious and I liked him instantly because I could see under his " I am the law" facade.

"My name is Scarlet Stone and my biggest fear is that someday I will find what I want most in life and it will be impossible to steal."

Scarlet is also an amazing character, funny and open. She tries to make friends with Theodore, to be " human" as she said.

“My name is Scarlet Stone. I was offered useful traits the day I entered this world. I passed on common sense, opting for the the-edge-of-a-knife journey. When I die, I want my gravestone to have the word 'epic' on it somewhere.”

She changes her life drastically, eating only healthy food, meditating, reading, and enjoying life in its purest form. At first, one could believe that this change is her chance fr redemption because Scarlet is a third-generation thief, but slowly we understand that there s more to it than that. She has another reason.

“The only thing worse than living with regret is dying with regret.” 

As Scarlet and Theodore spend time together, they realize that they like each other but neither one of them is ready to start a relationship. When Scarlet's past comes in Savanna in the form of her ex-fiancee, the not-a-relationship between her and Theodore makes her understand that she wants more from him than she thought. Theodore has a hunted past and he is a man on a mission so he rejects Scarlet's love and as time passes, they both understand that something can be changed, and some, not.

“Food. Small talk. Maybe I say something that makes you grin. Maybe you say something that makes me giggle. Maybe the food is crap so we drink too much wine. Maybe the full moon beckons us to the beach where we walk in the shadows of the night. Maybe you tell me something about yourself. But maybe … just maybe it’s something so honest I can’t help but fall in love with you.” 

The ending is beautiful :P

ᖴOᒪᒪOᗯ ᗰE Oᑎ IᑎᔕTᗩGᖇᗩᗰ:  https://www.instagram.com/midnight.an...
ᐯIᔕIT ᗰY ᗷᒪOG ᖴOᖇ ᗰOᖇE ᖇEᐯIEᗯᔕ:   https://bookishblack.blogspot.com/
 ᐯIᔕIT FB: https://www.facebook.com/midnight.and...
(less)


Comments